On 14/05/2015, José Antonio Rey <j...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> * When I set the same constraints at bootstrap, it just gives me an error
> saying it uses a different HDD type. Could we at least get that fixed?

There's now a pull request up that fixes the virt type of t2 instances:

<http://reviews.vapour.ws/r/1704/>

Do you now need ebs for t1 as well? It always used to work with pv.

> I would like to hear your opinions on getting t1.* back as a default. It
> was a great resource, and now I can't even get it by forcing it because it
> will throw errors.

As Ian mentioned, default is no good, as the old instance types just
don't exist in new regions. It's also bad to have a default that we
know is no good for anything other than dev purposes. If we can make
the constraint work when t1.micro is present, that will have to do.

Martin