Hi all,

Here is what the big data team has been reviewing the past weeks.

April 7, 2016: Cory/Kevin/Kostas

   -

   Bird lint fixes
   -

      https://code.launchpad.net/~johnsca/charms/trusty/bird/lint/+merge/287962
      -

      Fixes lint errors
      -

      Merged
      -

   haproxy
   -

https://code.launchpad.net/~jacekn/charms/precise/haproxy/haproxy-updates/+merge/272559
      -

https://code.launchpad.net/~verterok/charms/trusty/haproxy/statistics-interface/+merge/288005
      -

      SSL support, new config options, monitoring fixes (precise)
      -

      New statistics interface (trusty)
      -

      Merged, and we asked the author if precise fixes should be merged
      into trusty
      -

   apache2
   -

https://code.launchpad.net/~kwmonroe/charms/trusty/apache2/timeouts/+merge/287222
      -

      Increase deployment timeouts in amulet tests
      -

      Merged
      -

   saikuanalytics-enterprise
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1524715
      -

      This is a review for a new charm, Saiku Analytics is a flexible &
      lightweight web based OLAP Analysis tool.
      -

      We found a couple of issues that need the author’s attention. During
      review we followed the README instructions and we couldn’t deploy a trial
      license through the proposed action. We found a couple of unused files
      within the charm.
      -

      We will have to wait for the author to address these issues before we
      proceed with this charm.

Mar 31, 2016:  Andrew/Cory/Kevin/Kostas

   -

   Logstash
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1560167
      -

      Logstash is designed to efficiently process a growing list of log,
      event, and unstructured data sources for distribution into a variety of
      outputs, including Elasticsearch.
      -

      The review process showed a few minor issues. We offered our
      suggestions to the author in
      https://github.com/juju-solutions/layer-logstash/pull/16
      -

   add-dashboard-loader-action into Kibana
   -

https://code.launchpad.net/~lazypower/charms/trusty/kibana/add-dashboard-loader-action/+merge/289684
      -

      With this extra action we can deploy dashboards bundled with the
      charm. This is useful for  distributing dashboards created
against KB4 and
      then making them available to the consumers of kibana at large.
      -

      We were not able to test all dashboards proposed yet we were able to
      see that the new dashboard are available.
      -

      A flaky test was spotted.
      -

   Filebeat
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1560166
      -

      Filebeat is a lightweight, open source shipper for log file data.
      -

      The review process revealed a couple of (mostly minor) issues that
      need the attention of the author.
      -

   Topbeat
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1560164
      -

      Topbeat is ightweight way to gather CPU, memory, and other
      per-process and system wide data, then ship it to Elasticsearch
to analyze
      the results.
      -

      The review process revealed a couple of issues (flaky test and repo
      directive missing) that call the attention of the author.

Mar 24, 2016:  Andrew/Cory/Kevin/Kostas

   -

   ubuntu-devenv
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1550564
      -

      This charm provides an ubuntu-based development environment. It also
      includes relations to other developer-oriented charms (java, xl-c,
      xl-fortran).
      -

      Tests ran fine
      -

      +1, promulgated
      -

   Openjdk
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1551442
      -

      This is a layered charm that implements the java interface to provide
      openjdk
      -

      We reviewed the charm and found no issues
      -

      +1, promulgated

Mar 17, 2016:  Andrew/Cory/Kevin/Kostas

   -

   diaspora
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1553534
      -

      Charm is good, but offered some suggested improvements, such as using
      status-set
      -

   OpenAirInterface LTE eNB-UE simulator
   -

      https://bugs.launchpad.net/charms/+bug/1533300
      -

      This charm sets up a simulation of an LTE base station of
      OpenAirInterface
      -

      This charm poses a challenge as for us since we cannot deploy it due
      to its nature.
      -

      We asked the authors to provide unit and/or amulet tests. Another
      option the authors could consider is the use of bundles and tests at a
      higher level.
      -

      We would also like the authors to address the issues they have
      identified in their README and bring the charm to a production level.
      -

      We cannot proceed with the charm at this point.

Cheers,
--
Konstantinos Tsakalozos