On 25/07/16 06:32, James Beedy wrote:
  Proposed Solution: Juju Secrets

To give Juju a combative edge on the privacy pinwheel of secrets
distribution in the realm of bleeding edge devops tooling, behold my
hypothetical proposed solution: |juju secrets|.
Juju secrets could be used like so:
|juju add-secret mycloud:mymodel -f secrets.yaml|

I know you guys are pressing hard to get 2.0 out the door, so please
don’t mind my nonsense here. I just wanted to throw the idea out there
and possibly get some feedback, and have others weigh in on this topic.

Thoughts?

Interesting idea. How would this really work in practice?

For the secrets to be any use, the units need to be able to get access to the information right?

Who are we hiding the information from? This is always a key question that needs to be answered in order to choose a good solution.

Are we hiding information from the Juju users?

Are we trying to hide information from other processes on the same machines as the agents?

Also, who generates and holds the keys?

Just some more questions.

Tim