With a much appreciated recent contribution from James Beedy (bdx) our
Mattermost charm cs:~cmars/mattermost[1] is working again!

This encouraged me to add some followup improvements to the charm to make
it even easier to deploy with secure defaults -- automatic registration
with Let's Encrypt.

I've broken out the Let's Encrypt integration to a separate reactive charm
layer, layer:lets-encrypt[2], which extends layer:nginx. Practically any
charm that uses layer:nginx should be able to use layer:lets-encrypt. When
a config option `fqdn` is set, the layer will automatically register with
LE and obtain certificates.

With the epic release of Juju 2.0 this past week -- the Mattermost charm
depends on several features new in Juju 2 -- it's now ready to share.

I'm operating a deployment of cs:~cmars/mattermost at
https://live.cmars.tech/. If you'd like to try it out, here's an invite:

[1] https://jujucharms.com/u/cmars/mattermost
[2] https://github.com/cmars/layer-lets-encrypt
Juju mailing list