On 16/12/16 07:33, Katherine Cox-Buday wrote:
> Tim Penhey <tim.pen...@canonical.com> writes:
>
>> Make sure you also run on LXD with a decent delay to the APT archive.
> Open question: is there any reason we shouldn't expect charm authors to take
> a hard-right towards charms with snaps embedded as resources? I know one of
> our long-standing conceptual problems is consistency across units which snaps
> solves nicely.

We'll need to figure out the inherent tension between the way resources
are updated and the way snaps are updated. Resources are very similar to
snaps, but snaps are growing digital signatures that need to be
delivered together with the snap to prove integrity, and we don't want
to duplicate all that work. We are already aligning things like terms
and authentication so that charms and snaps can be delivered together,
though, so perhaps all thats required is the ability to give the charm
some say in update control of snaps.

Mark