Suchitra,

Your team should be able to update the websphere-liberty charm in the
ibmcharmers namespace. Since I am in the ibmcharmers group I was able to
run the command successfully.

$ charm release cs:~ibmcharmers/trusty/websphere-liberty-6
url: cs:~ibmcharmers/trusty/websphere-liberty-6
channel: stable
warning: bugs-url and homepage are not set.  See set command.

And now I see version 6 at the ibmcharmers namespace:
https://jujucharms.com/u/ibmcharmers/websphere-liberty/trusty/

Your should be able to update the charm in the ~ibmcharmers namespace. I am
not sure why you saw the error. Perhaps your version of charm-tools is
different or you were not logged in. Use charm version and charm whoami to
verify. My version of charm tools is:

$ charm version
charm 2.2.0-0ubuntu1~ubuntu16.04.1~ppa2
charm-tools 2.1.9

Copying the juju mailing list in case someone has seen this problem before.
Discuss this on the juju mailing list if you have any further problems or
questions.

   - Matt Bruzek <matthew.bru...@canonical.com>