Hi Juju,

I'm learning to write a relation. One thing that's puzzling to me is the scope. The question is, must provide and require use the same scope?

For experiment, I have a scope.GLOBAL provide and scope.UNIT require. In deployment, there is one provide unit and three require units. In this setup, I was able to call set_remote() from provide side to pass a dict to require side (get_remote()).

However, if I change provide to be scope.UNIT also, it generated an error:

unit-A-52: 21:15:44 INFO unit.A/52.b-relation-joined ValueError: Conversation with scope 'b/120' not found

Could you elaborate what the behavior should be when these scopes selected on either side?

| provides | requires |
| GLOBAL   | GLOBAL   |
| UNIT     | UNIT     |
| GLOBAL   | UNIT     |

--
Feng xia
Engineer

Phone: 5088011794
fx...@lenovo.com

Lenovo.com
Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Blogs | Forums