On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 3:50 AM Micheal B <tic...@tictoc.us> wrote:

> How can I use local images when doing juju bootstrap vsphere/myregions
> --bootstrap-constraints "cores=2 mem=4G root-disk=32G"  rather than the
> downloading of the ova? Same thing for the images used in bundles ..

For now, I think the only thing you can do is to create a local mirror of
the relevant parts of http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/. You can use the
"simplestreams" utility to make this easier, e.g.:

$ sudo apt install simplestreams
$ sudo apt install ubuntu-cloudimage-keyring
$ sstream-mirror
--keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/ubuntu-cloudimage-keyring.gpg --max=1
--progress http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/releases path/to/mirror
'arch=amd64' 'release~xenial' 'ftype=ova'

Once you've downloaded the image(s) and metadata, you'll need to serve it
over HTTP, and point Juju at it with the "image-metadata-url" config.

We really should be caching the images, making this all seamless. I've just
filed a bug, to make things better:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1711019.

Cheers,
Andrew