Hi All,

I was thinking about a charm, that for peer relationship, supports only two
instances to form a peer.
What would be the correct response to reject a 3rd instance trying to join
gracefully so that juju doesn't complain of a failed setup?
Exit 1 this will sure cause problems. Exit 0 but then juju doesn't know that
the relationship is not set.
Or is there some setting for peer in metadata.yaml that specifies only two
instances at a time.
Or this is not possibile, and must be chosen manually?

The idea is that I want to do failover within a pair of instances.

I have a radius load balancer that will split packets based on a modulus of
same framedip (ip of client) or mac address or something.
So each pair of radius would only hold sessions related to that modulus result.
So if I do modulus 4, I'll have 4 pairs of instances.

I'm not sure if running each pair (active-standby) support 1000tps is viable up
to a million sessions.
I can easily do that on an hardware platform, I'm not sure in an openstack
environment with all its virtualization overheads is that still possible in a
live environment.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Michael