On 22.11.2017 23:26, Haw Loeung wrote:
> Hi Tilman,
>
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 04:02:08PM +0100, Tilman Baumann wrote:
>> However, that doesn't seem to work. Juju complains the relation doesn't
>> exist.
>> $ juju add-relation cassandra-backup:database cassandra:database
>> ERROR no relations found
>>
>> So, is there a interface that I can (ab-)use in a similar way?
>>
>> I don't  want to build a full blown cassandra interface and at it to the
>> list.
>
> Not sure if you've seen this, but I did some work recently with
> something similar to backup Cassandra DBs:
>
> | https://jujucharms.com/u/hloeung/cassandra-backup/

I didn't want to talk about it before it's usable. I think I might be
working on something similar.

https://github.com/tbaumann/jujucharm-layer-cassandra-backup

It seems to only use "nodetool snapshot"
I'm integrating this for a 3rd party so I don't quite know what is going
on there. But looks like the intent is pretty much the same.

> It's currently still experimental and uses the CQL COPY
> TO... commands. The Cassandra charm already ships out the required
> credentials so tools such as cqlsh should just work.

Good point. And worst case I can read the yaml file for cassandra
myself. Saves me a cumbersome additional relation.
I was undecided about this. But this is shaping up to be the cleaner
solution...