Hey, all. Looking to enable IPv6 endpoints on our Newton cloud. "juju config keystone" shows this:

 prefer-ipv6:
If True enables IPv6 support. The charm will expect network interfaces to be configured with an IPv6 address. If set to False (default) IPv4
      is expected.
      .
NOTE: these charms do not currently support IPv6 privacy extension. In order for this charm to function correctly, the privacy extension must be disabled and a non-temporary address must be configured/available on
      your network interface.
    type: boolean
    value: true

It had originally been false. I manually added 2004::100 to eth0 on my keystone host, and changed the value to true. The Juju log on the Keystone host comes back with this:

2017-12-04 19:16:06 INFO config-changed Exception: Interface 'eth0' does not have a scope global non-temporary ipv6 address.

eth0 looks like this:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:16:3e:7f:eb:70
inet addr:172.23.248.38 Bcast:172.23.248.63 Mask:255.255.255.192
          inet6 addr: 2004::100/64 Scope:Global
[...]

I've googled like crazy, and can't find anything that really seems to fit the bill for "non-temporary ipv6 address", except in a different charm (https://api.jujucharms.com/v5/~sdn-charmers/trusty/contrail-analytics-31/archive/hooks/charmhelpers/contrib/network/ip.py) which says:

We currently only support scope global IPv6 addresses i.e. non-temporary addresses. If no global IPv6 address is found, return the first one found
    in the ipv6 address list.

Which seems to imply that a global IPv6 address *is* non-temporary by definition, which confuses me even more as to what's broken.

Any pointers here?

Thanks kindly,

-Ken