Hi Drew,

Juju uses cloud-init currently when provisioning machines today.  We've
recently added a bootstrap configuration option to allow for cloud-init
yaml to
be passed through.

Details can be found in an old bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/juju/+bug/1535891

I need to get this added to the docs.  There is a known issue using lists
in the yaml file, but strings work fine.

-Heather