This is quite close to being possible, but we’re missing a few things.

Daniel Jones recently added an append! method to DataArrays, which would let
you do this column-by-column.

To help you out, we need to add an append! method to DataFrames as well. I’ve
wanted that badly myself lately.

I will try to get to this today, but am already pretty overwhelmed with work
for the day.

 — John