Tim,

a little bit offtopic question but might it make sense to break of the
algorithmic parts of Images.jl and put it into some "signal processing"
package?
I know that the imagemagick dependency is a soft one but all the filtering
stuff is IMHO so basic that it belongs to base, or rather into one "signal"
package that could be one of the "default packages" that we hopefully get
(see https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/1906)

Tobi