I'm sorry if that came off as though it was targeted at you - I meant to a
general statement about the philosophy of having zero duplication. Of
course, you're right, duplication has a cost too, and it doesn't work to
just throw everything together either, so like everything else in life it's
about compromise.

For what it's worth, I think you asked a good question, made a valid point,
and an interesting discussion came out of it. Regardless of one's approach,
it's always right to question whether you're really doing the right thing -
so I didn't take your question as being demanding at all, far from it.
Thanks for taking the time to join the discussion, and again, apologies if
you've felt that there's any hostility involved.