Great!
Finally I got a definition of homoiconic that Julia does not fulfill.
According to Jason, homoiconicity has nothing to do with language
features/standard library features or how you are encouraged to structure
your code to get an idiomatic program, but is solely a vague measure of the
complexity of the parser for "syntactic code"->AST transformation.

By that definition Julia fails, because the syntax is created to be simple
humans to write and read to express ideas, and the AST is designed to be
easy for a human to work with through a machine. The transformation between
is complex and not one to one.

Ivar