Well, SubStrings are Strings. The issue here is that we're hashing tuples
based on their type, which is problematic. We very much need to (re)think
how collection hashing works. The basic question is whether containers
should hash differently based on their type, their eltype, or just their
contents. Currently, it's a mishmash of all of the above.