For outer, I think that it would be clearer to say that it repeats (or
clones?) the whole array along the specified dimensions. For inner, I think
it's ok.

Looking at the tests for repeat, I think we could use this as an example:

    As an illustrative example, let's consider array A:
    A = [1 2;3 4]

    2x2 Array{Int64,2}:
     1  2
     3  4

    If you want to repeat array A along the second dimension:

    repeat(A,inner=[1,1],outer=[1,2])
    2x4 Array{Int64,2}:
     1  2  1  2
     3  4  3  4

    You can also repeat the columns first:

    repeat(A,inner=[1,2],outer=[1,1])
    2x4 Array{Int64,2}:
     1  1  2  2
     3  3  4  4

    You can also create a new array that repeats A along a third dimension:

    repeat(A,inner=[1,1],outer=[1,1,2])
    2x2x2 Array{Int64,3}:
     1  2
     3  4

     1  2
     3  4

Is there a limit on how a docstring can be? Could we add more examples?