> shouldn't be using the REPL ("console") at all for this sort of thing
Fair point, even though using REPL has advantages: we can always go to the
Julia console to see what has been executed, look at the history, use help,
try out variations of the code directly there... Nevertheless, the thread
was started saying that evaluation of computer generated code was just one
of the potential applications of capturing the console output. Logging
Julia output to a file was another, and there are several more.

Here we are after 40 posts in this thread and we still don't know, how to
capture the Julia REPL output.