hi all,

i'm looking for ways to speed up an operation where i have an ordered array
v, and to each index i of v I want to apply searchsortedlast(a,v[i]), where
a is another array. obviously i know from v being increasingly ordererd
that

if searchsortedlast(a,v[i]) returns k
then searchsortedlast(a,v[i+1]) >= k

i was wondering how to use the arguments lo::Int64,hi::Int64,o::Ordering.
Can I tell the function that we know the last index for v[i] already? I'd
like to do

 searchsortedlast(a,v[i+1],k,n,o::Ordering)

in particular, i don't know what to supply as an ordering. that didnt work:

*searchsortedlast(linspace(0.0,1.0,8),0.7,5,8,<)*

thanks!