On Wednesday, July 16, 2014 4:12:05 PM UTC-4, j verzani wrote:

> Here is a small argument: in SymPy the negation prints with that
> character. So to match the output I was hoping
> to utilize (U+00AC)  as ! for input. Easy to work around, but it might be
> nice to have.

Another argument is simply that we already parse the other logic operators,
e.g. ∧ (\wedge) and ∨ (\vee), as operators, so it is a bit perverse not to
complete the set and parse ¬ as an operator too.

On the other hand, sometimes there are "good" arguments for not completing
a set.  For example, we do not, and probably will never, parse a
superscript "q" as an identifier symbol, even though we accept superscript
versions of the other 25 lower-case Latin letters.   (If you're wondering
why, google "superscript q unicode" and be prepared to tear your hair out.)