I've given this a go but it does not quite work as expected:

immutable DepthFirst
    tree::Phylogeny
end

function start(x::DepthFirst)
  state = Stack(PhyNode)
  push!(state, x.tree.Root)
  return state
end

function next(x::DepthFirst, state)
  current::PhyNode = pop!(state)
  for i in current.Children
    push!(state, i)
  end
  return current, state
end

function done(x::DepthFirst, state)
  return length(state) == 0 ? true : false
end

Then:

*for i in DepthFirst(myTree)*

*i*

*end*

results in:

*ERROR: `start` has no method matching start(::DepthFirst)*

* in anonymous at no file*

I'm not sure why this is - I have a method defined start() for the
utterable immutable DepthFirst trivial type. I'm clearly missing something
here.