ok, thanks Ivar. I am not worried about the sysadmin at all. I would have
been worried if the system is shut down by an attack that enters through my
door, but I was advised to turn SSL checking off anyway. I agree that there
seems little to gain from attacking a facility like that (pure research
a.k.a. random guys software doing fun things :-) ).
thanks for chipping in gael as well - it's beyond me judging those things,
so good to hear from you guys.

florian