On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:36:03 PM UTC-4, Elliot Saba wrote:

> Alright, I worked up a little proof-of-concept demo here
> <https://github.com/staticfloat/dltest/tree/master>, but the long and the
> short of it is that you should be able to alter the rpath of YOUR library
> to include whatever paths you need, (probably relative to @loader_path so
> that your library just needs to know the relative path to openblas and
> friends) and you'll then be able to dlopen these guys to your heart's
> content.
>
> If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask, but it
> should be as simple as adding a -Wl,-rpath,@loader_path/../lib or whatever
> to the linker options for your library.
> -E

Hmm ok.  What needs to dlopen openblas, etc?  dlopen returns a value and
needs to be saved does it not?  If dlopen occurs on a library that is
already loaded, it doesn't error, but does it succeed in the way that Julia
expects it to?  Or are you saying that openblas, etc just needs to be
loaded somehow and then it all works out, my library can invoke dlopen
brute-force like with maybe an arbitrary location. on these things?

To be honest, I don't quite understand why this is even happening except
for possibly side effects of resolving symbols at link time.  After all
libopenblas and libdSFMT are in the same exact directory as libjulia, and
libjulia does get loaded no problem.

Hmm @loader_path is a value eh?  I don't see that documented.

-Jeff