The "julia" executable inside *Julia-0.3.0.app/Contents/MacOS* is a wrapper
executable that launches a terminal and runs the true julia executable
inside it.  You can get at the true julia executable by adding
*Julia-0.3.0.app/Contents/resources/julia/bin* to your path.  Note that
Christoph's line is adding some extra paths to his PATH, not just Julia's.
 Just adding Julia's path to your PATH environment variable is done via:

*export
PATH="/Applications/Julia-0.3.0.app/Contents/resources/julia/bin:$PATH*

Assuming, of course, that your *Julia-0.3.0.app* file is in */Applications*.
 It doesn't need to be, you can run it from anywhere, but putting it there
is rather standard, I suppose.
-E

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Christoph Ortner <christophortn...@gmail.com