Hello all-

In the past, I have programmed in Matlab and R and started a partial
transition to Julia over past 6 weeks. I really like the speed, the
intuitive Matlab-like syntax and the fact that it is open source. However,
Julia is sorely lacking a good IDE with built-in debugging, such as in
Matlab or Rstudio (which has underwent marked improvements). Although fast
code is important, having the ability to debug and experiment with code
greatly reduces programming time. I suspect this could be deterring other
Matlab and R users from moving to Julia. I was wondering if anyone know of
any projects to develop these features (I did notice a debugging package,
but without the same ease of use)?

Best regards,

Chris