Eric (and Keno),

My statement that Julia "is from and for researchers" has been made in a
certain context where I wanted to explain why Julia has a different
development model than a programming language that is development within
Google.

My personal opinion is that Julia is a great general purpose language that
will be very interesting beyond researchers. I have worked in companies and
believe that Julia has a great potential for
- reducing development time
- generating maintainable code

Because I believe in this I have worked on embedding Julia in C/C++ which
also could be an option for your business (see the embedding chapter in the
docs).

A better statement might be "Julia is currently developed by many
researcher and used by many researcher but is absolutely not limited to
research"

Cheers,

Tobi