Hello colleague,

On Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:33:24 PM UTC+1, Jameson wrote:

> Gtk3 hasn't changed that much in this area -- it is still incorrect to
> call gdk_window_get_device_position & friends from event handlers.

Could you please provide a reference for this?

I was reading the Gtk2 tutorial (unfortunately there is no Gtk3 tutorial)
and in the demo programm scribble (both in code and text):
https://developer.gnome.org/gtk-tutorial/stable/x2431.html
you'll find:

> When we specify GDK_POINTER_MOTION_HINT_MASK, the server sends us a
> motion event the first time the pointer moves after entering our window, or
> after a button press or release event. Subsequent motion events will be
> suppressed until we explicitly ask for the position of the pointer using
> the function: gdk_window_get_pointer.

For the question about the integer coordinates: I always expected the
event.x/y coordinates truncated when i use a mouse pointer and the Gtk2
this is true in all my programms (C and python based, some julia). So i
wondered, why in Gtk3 suddenly they don't.