Another way (maybe conceptually the nicest) would be to look an how the Qt
team integrated the QML/javascript VM with the Qt C++ code and do the
analog thing for the julia runtime. QML would then be replaced by Julia (or
a julia based DSL e.g. via macros).
The advantage would be that you don't have to export the julia code that
you want to call from the GUI to Qt since the GUI is in julia.
The disadvantage is that you loose the ability to design the GUI
graphically via the design tool.