Hello all,

I am an education doctoral student who is a self-taught stats and
programming person. My primary coding and stats experience is with R. I
have started to attempt Julia and was using the Project Euler questions as
a way to teach myself the language structure, types, and specifying
functions. I have been really drawn to Julia because of all the great
conversations about the language on the YouTube channel. There have been
several great repositories that share coding examples for each of the
problems (although Project Euler wants everybody to do it on their own)
which have been tremendously helpful.

One of the proposed solutions for Problem #1 have this structure:
println(sum(3:3:999) + sum(5:5:999) - sum(15:15:999))

I am trying to make a function of this type of problem so I am not bounded
by specifying each number every time. So I adapted the solution to the
following format:

*function fib_sum_2(x,y,z)*
*    sum(x:x:z) + sum(y:y:z) - sum(lcm(x,y):lcm(x,y):z)*
*end*

However, when I try to run the function (fib_sum_2(3,5,999)) I get the
following error:

*type: fib_sum_2: in apply, expected Function, got Int64
while loading In[140], in expression starting on line 1

 in fib_sum_2 at In[137]:2*

I did attempt to google this problem, but still could not find a source that
really explained the problem. I understand that this is a really newbie
question and thank you to everyone for their patience and any assistance. If
anybody can correct my error or provide resources that might help me with
future Euler Project problems that would be great. I feel that I am missing
something terribly easy with Julia, but thank you all for any help. Also, I am
using IJulia for reference. If I have posted this question in error, can
anybody direct me to the right forum?

With Regards,

James