The obvious question... are you sure you're calling it with the expected
types?  This should work:

julia> powerE(x, Fs, Fc) = println("first definition")
powerE (generic function with 1 method)

julia> powerE{T <: FloatingPoint}(x::Array{T}, Fs::Integer, Fc::Integer) =
println("second definition")
powerE (generic function with 2 methods)

julia> powerE(Float64[], 1, 2)
second definition

julia> powerE(Float64[], 1., 2)
first definition