Hi,

I’m trying to build Julia from source in Windows.  I’m following the
instructions described in the README.windows.md here:

https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/blob/master/README.windows.md

However, I’m getting stuck on step 6.iv where I begin the build.  I get the
following error in msys:

$ make -j 4

/home/t-satasn-win8/julia/Make.inc:432: *** "cannot build julia with
msys-target compilers. please see the README.windows document for
instructions on setting

up mingw-w64 compilers".  Stop.

I noticed that the mingw-builds installer doesn’t correctly install and
quits with error message “ERROR res”.  It claims it installed successfully
but there are barely any files in there.  Instead, I downloaded from the
source and unzipped it and directly moved it to my C:\ drive.  I have also
tried using the MinGW-w64 installer and using a newer 4.9.2 version, but
that didn’t work either.

Would anyone be able to help me on this problem?  Thanks!