Embedded Julia is of particular interest to me. To answer your question,
everything in Julia is available via embedded Julia.

I would very much discourage use of version 0.3.2; avoid it if you can.  I
think that particular version has the uv.h problem which is fixed in later
versions. Can you gain root on this host?  If so you can get 0.3.9 via PPA.
 Or even better if you can get ahold of one of the nightly builds, then
0.4.x comes with julia_config.jl, which figures out all of the right
compile flags automatically.  You just have to cut and paste in a Makefile.
 But if no makefile, you can run it and know the necessary compile time
flags.