Has anyone used Escher/Compose/Gadfly for interactive
visualization/plotting with lots of data (million's of updates)?  Is there
support for 3D visualization as part of this ecosystem? If not, is it
planned?  Any performance gotchas I need to worry about?  Bandwidth issues?
 Missing functionality? etc

Does anyone split their gui/backend into 2 different Julia processes for
cpu-heavy processing?  Are there built-in methods for updating the gui/viz
like that or do I have to roll my own with zmq or similar?

Any opinions in the matter would be appreciated.  I'm on the fence whether
I should commit to a web gui for everything I do or whether I should still
do some things with Qt, or perhaps GLVisualize.