Thanks a lot for pointing out the above mentioned part of the Readme file I
have had a look on it as well and tried
also to add the prefix line in Make.used but also didn't work.
Also both 'julia/usr/bin/julia` and `julia/usr/bin/julia-debug` do exist.
Make, maketest and make-install all run without any error msg.
What else could I try?