Just thinking out loud... I think it would be feasible to implement a
"decimal unum", in which everything is essentially the same except it's
base 10. This "may" give a lot of benefits while still maintaining exact
numbers in many situations (But decimal intervals when inexact). Since
we're already talking about doing operations in software, it may net out to
be better/faster?