I found my answer. In Julia 0.4 you have access to the doc macro:

help?> @doc
     Documentation
    ≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

  Functions, methods and types can be documented by placing a string before the
  definition:

  """
  # The Foo Function
  `foo(x)`: Foo the living hell out of `x`.
  """
  foo(x) = ...

  The @doc macro can be used directly to both set and retrieve documentation /
  metadata. By default, documentation is written as Markdown, but any object
can be
  placed before the arrow. For example:

  @doc "blah" ->
  function foo() ...

  The -> is not required if the object is on the same line, e.g.

  @doc "foo" foo

     Documenting objects after they are defined

  You can document an object after its definition by

  @doc "foo" function_to_doc
  @doc "bar" TypeToDoc

  For macros, the syntax is @doc "macro doc" :(@Module.macro) or @doc "macro
doc"
  :(string_macro"") for string macros. Without the quote :() the expansion of
the macro
  will be documented.

     Retrieving Documentation
    ==========================

  You can retrieve docs for functions, macros and other objects as follows:

  @doc foo
  @doc @time
  @doc md""

     Functions & Methods

  Placing documentation before a method definition (e.g. function foo() ... or
foo() =
  ...) will cause that specific method to be documented, as opposed to the whole
  function. Method docs are concatenated together in the order they were
defined to
  provide docs for the function.