I prefer Julia to Python for many reasons, not only performance, but purely
regarding performance I often wondered:

How much is the poor Python performance just a current state. In fact NUMBA
can often take care if it in a very low-effort way.
 (a) What is numba lacking now, compared to Julia (performance-wise)
 (b) Would it be realistic to assume that a "Python 4" might be built on
top of similar architecture as Julia and hence yield similar performance?
Or is there something special about Julia's design?

Thanks,
   Christoph