Independent of Jacob's (excellent) work, I've begun wrapping the SFrames
library (https://github.com/dato-code/SFrame), which is used internally by
Graphlab Create (https://dato.com/products/create/). One of its features is
a fast and robust CSV reader. I think I'll have something to preview in the
next week or so.