I'm trying to find out why Cairo.jl/text_path() doesn't work for me, but
seems to work for others. If you have Cairo.jl installed, could you run the
sample_text.jl test file:

    $ julia ~/.julia/v0.4/Cairo/samples/sample_text.jl

There are lots of deprecations, but — the output file is called
sample_text.png (probably created in your current directory) — if the test
is successful, you'll see the words "Hello" and "Void". But on my system
(MacOS X El Capitan, Julia v0.4.0 (2015-10-08 06:20 UTC) freshly installed)
I only see "Hello", plus a bunch of collapsed glyphs, because text_path()
doesn't work for me. I'd really like to know whether anyone else shares
this problem or whether it's just me. :)