On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 at 11:14:16 AM UTC, Jeffrey Sarnoff wrote:

> where I copy/paste into julia to use her parsing algs

[I'm not sure this is against the community standards (as has been
discussed).. To me this seems innocent enough, but I've been training to
say "[..] Julia and its [whatever]"..]

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 9:07:28 AM UTC-5, David P. Sanders wrote:

>> El lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2015, 7:58:17 (UTC-6), Stefan Karpinski
>> escribió:
>>>
>>> I think we should probably make it possible to access the full string
>>> of a numeric literal in a macro but that is a substantial change to the
>>> parser.
>>>

>> That would be great.

Yes, I would like e.g. numeric literals say 0.5 and 0.50 that get you the
*same* and precise floating point number to be accessible as a string. Then
for decimal floating point where 0.50 is not the same value, it seems like
we could have a macro to change binary float literals to decimal, and also
get 0.1 exact..

--
Palli.