This seemed a little non-obvious to me as well.

I guess the take-away is that "loading" a module (via any means, not just
reload??) loads the entire *file* containing the module, not just the stuff
between module Foo end.
Only the stuff between module Foo end is scoped to the module, but the
entire file is loaded.

Is this correct?