> I am interested in Ordinary Differential Equations package. But when I was
> reading the conversations on the mailing list as well as on GitHub, someone
> mentioned that quite a bit of work has already been done. So I want to know
> the status as well as future prospects of the package ODE.jl . And there
> also exists a Sundials.jl package which manages to cover most of the ODEs,
> so is another package ODE.jl really required?

It is desirable to have ode-solvers which are pure Julia.  Both to cut
down on dependencies and to allow easy hacking and development.
Further, Sundials.jl will not work with generic Julia datatypes (e.g. I
think Julia sparse matrices are not supported for Jacobians).  Thus,
ODE.jl is to stay and to be improved on.

The currently ongoing work of which I'm aware is:
https://github.com/JuliaLang/ODE.jl/pull/49
https://github.com/JuliaLang/ODE.jl/pull/72

Needed work is:
- more solvers
- a unified code structure/API
- parallelism(?)

I'll try and update the GSoC description.