On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 5:55:19 AM UTC-5, Viral Shah wrote:

> Making sure I understand correctly, were you using the distribution on
> julialang.org/downloads? If you had to do a few things to get it to work,
> can you file issues? I personally would love to see more such applications
> and that was the motivation to have an ARM port in the first place.

Sure can.  I'll answer some of this now.

The first thing to note is a lot of the workaound was a result of the
arbitrary nature of this distro rather than ARM per se, however, at the
same time expect that ARM will more
likely be associated with previously unseen OS since it is likely to be
tailored to the processor and the processor is tailored to the
task/device/application.  In this case, the
processor was likely chosen for its ability to work at low wattage while
still delivering enough CPU to do the task.  Here it is:

3dr_solo:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 0

model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 10 (v7l)

BogoMIPS        : 1988.29

Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls

CPU implementer : 0x41

CPU architecture: 7

CPU variant     : 0x2

CPU part        : 0xc09

CPU revision    : 10
Hardware        : Freescale i.MX6 Quad/DualLite (Device Tree)

Revision        : 0000

Serial          : 0000000000000000