On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:32 AM, 'Bill Hart' via julia-users
<julia-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> At the very least the warning should print correctly. Currently there is no
> end-of-line when the message is printed, so we end up with a handful of
> these errors stuck one after the other.
>
> But I too wonder what is the purpose of the warning.

Throwing inside a C callback is usually a bad idea (most C libraries
won't handle it correctly and cleanly). However, the issue with the
warning is that while it does capture the most obvious case where you
made a type and the function always throws an error, there are cases
as you describe where this might be useful and the error also doesn't
capture the case where the function can conditionally throw (which
IMHO is worse than always throw since at least you'll notice while
testing if that's not actually what you want).