The last line of a function is its implicit return value in Julia.

Can someone tell me why this is a great idea?

I'm realizing a serious downside to it in reading someone else's code. It's
not immediately clear to me if a use of a particular function is using the
last statement as a return value or not.

The lack of an explicit return is making the code ambiguous to read, and
therefore I'm searching for uses of it to understand the original intent.

Even if the original coder is being perfectly hygienic in their style, I
can't make an assumption as such. I've always though explicit over implicit
reigned king in code maintainability. Can someone convince me otherwise?