On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 10:44:42 AM UTC+2, Henri Girard wrote:

> Gadfly is deprecated : Does it mean we shouldn't use it anymore ?

Where did you get the message that Gadlfy is deprecated?
If you mean, you get a lot of deprecation warning, when trying to run
Gadfly on julia v0.5dev, you are right.
In general Gadlfy and its infrastructure is a little bit unmaintained at
the moment.

> I am trying to use it but I got a long list of recompiling ?

Recompiling in itself is nothing wrong, that Gadfly triggers (via
dependencies) a really long recompilation (a few minutes on my box) isn't
nice, but not a showstopper.

What can I use instead ? I don't want to use plotly because I don't want to
> have a password (which doesn't work properly either !) each time I
> connect... It's very awfull this interface

Tom Breloff started to generalise a julia plotting API in Plots.jl that is
used by many (? don't know exact numbers) and targets a list of backends,
so you can decide. Tom made a comment in the Plots.jl development, he's
positive to replace Gadfly with his development.