Have you tried running the code without using parallel? I have been getting
similar errors in my economics code. It segfaults sometimes, though not
always, after a seemingly random amount of time, sometimes an hour or so,
sometimes less. However, I don't recall it having ever occurred in the
times I've run it without parallel. I'm using SharedArrays like you. I've
seen this occur on both 0.4.1 and 0.4.5.

The error isn't too serious for me because I periodically save the
optimization state to disk, so I can just restart.

I also can't remember this ever occurring on my own (Linux) computer. It's
happened on a (Linux) cluster with many cores.