On Fri, 2016-06-03 at 07:58, Chris Rackauckas <rackd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I will need both versions available, since the majority of the work
> is public, while the private work will tend to sit around longer (i.e.
> waiting to hear back from reviewers). So I'd want to be able to easily work
> with the public repository, but basically switch over to a private branch
> every once in awhile.

Well, then just checkout the branch you need at the time, easy.

Alternatively, have two different folders for the two branches and set
the LOAD_PATH depending on what you want to do.  If the REQUIREments are
different, in particular, different versions, it might be more tricky.
I think then you'd need two ~/.julia/v0.* folders.