I wish I could supply some general help. Here's the story as I understand
it: the latest Intel compilers rely on gcc for full C++11 and higher
support. That means you have to specify some tricky combination of Intel &
gcc setup. On my system this was done by someone else, so I don't know the
details. Here's the script that loads C++ support:

prepend_path("PATH","/opt/apps/gcc/4.9.1/bin")

prepend_path("LD_LIBRARY_PATH","/opt/apps/gcc/4.9.1/lib")

prepend_path("LD_LIBRARY_PATH","/opt/apps/gcc/4.9.1/lib64")

(that's lua, btw, but the meaning is obvious)

If you know what to ask me I'll be happy to dig further, but right now I
can't explicitly tell you what Intel icpc uses from gcc to obtain C++1y
functionality.

Victor.